1,100,000 of adults are current tobacco users is 8.9 % of adults with 13.9 % men and 4.3 % women,
6,720,000 people are exposed to second-hand tobacco smoke in all public places (workplaces, restaurants, transport, bars …)
- 75.4% of current smokers noticed health warnings on cigarette packets;
- 35.5% of smokers have considered stopping because of these health warnings on cigarette packages.
Economic Impact strong>
The average smoker spends manufactured cigarettes 4691 strong> FCFA per month or an average 8.9 strong>% of monthly GDP (2013) per capita.
Advertising of tobacco products strong>
Almost 03 Adult 10 ( 31.5 %) have noticed the advertising or promotion of tobacco and its products.
Tobacco Cessation strong>
- 7 current smokers 10 have considered quitting smoking, or think there
- 1 current smoker 2 made an attempt to quit smoking
Health Warnings strong>
- 75.4 % of current smokers have noticed health warnings on cigarette packets;
35.5 % of smokers considered stopping because of these health warnings on cigarette packages.
80.4 strong>% of adults are in favor of a smoking ban in all indoor public places.